Synthon is an international pharmaceutical company, and a leader in the field of generic human medicines. Founded in 1991, Synthon has been developing rapidly into a specialty pharmaceutical company. Our mission is to make healthcare more affordable, increasing access to important medicines through the provision of high quality generics specifically in the therapeutic areas of multiple sclerosis and oncology.
Synthon’s head office is based in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, and the company has affiliates in seven other countries.
The company employs around 1.600 staff of whom more than 270 work in the Czech Republic. Synthon, s.r.o. focus area is research, development and production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
Currently we are looking for a colleague to our affiliate in the Czech Republic located in Blansko.
We are looking for a dynamic, pro-active and innovative team leader with extensive experience in the field of analytical chemistry in pharmaceutical industry. You will be responsible for leading, coaching and supervising the Analytical Research Group (ARG) that consists of job functions like specialists, project leaders, researchers and laboratory technicians. Your team of about 20 professionals will be responsible for the method development, planning and execution of analytical support in relation to R&D projects. We expect you will lead your team to have implemented up-to-date knowledge about state-of-the-art techniques in analytical method development and ongoing new developments and techniques within that field. You will be part of the senior R&D leadership team and Extended Management Team of Synthon, s.r.o.. You will work closely together with other departments mainly locally (CZ) but also globally (Spain, Argentina, Chile). You will be reporting to Director of R&D.
Further job profile:
- Ongoing development of the Analytical Research Group (people, knowledge, techniques, equipment, workflow, etc.)
- Cooperation with other departments (Chemical research, Technology and Pilot plant, Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Quality Control) in harmonization of multidisciplinary project teams and in development of non-patent infringing, stable and robust drug substances and drug products
- Line laboratory management
- Global analytical support of special techniques for other Synthon affiliates – MS, PSD, etc.; support of registration
- As a member of the Extended Management Team you will be discussing the company’s strategy and development issues
- You are expected to set ambitious and inspiring goals and visions for your department
- You are supposed to communicate and collaborate on international bases, participate on company’s strategy in analytical field
- You will communicate and negotiate with various customers
We expect your qualifications, experience and skills are:
- University degree in the field of analytical chemistry
- Practical experience with analytical method development and method validation is a must
- Strong in people management, team building and leadership skills and ability to deliver results through people
- Experience with line laboratory management is a must
- Experience with analysis of drug substances and drug products with the use of some of the following techniques: HPLC, LC-MS, GC, GC-MS, etc.
- Experience with work under GMP conditions is a plus
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Czech
- Excellent in communication
- Highly independent personality with ability to inspire and develop others and ability to set ambitious goals
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Contract hours: full time (37,5 hours a week)
- Salary: depending on experience
- Location: Blansko, Czech Republic
- Challenging as well as meaningful work in the state-of-the-art environment
- Friendly atmosphere with focus on a team-work and communication
- A company car
- Travel expenses allowance
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Pension and life insurance allowance
- Other benefits
If you are interested in this position we are looking forward to your CV and motivational letter at Synthon web pages
The first round of interviews will take place during February. Thank you.
We are interested in result-oriented people with a sharp mind and entrepreneurial spirit, who can contribute to what we do best: delivering affordable medicines to those in need.